We will contact you shortly
Prysma is Connecticut’s trusted reverse mortgage lender, serving residents of Connecticut. We are here to help people realize their dream of retirement is possible.
Our experienced loan professionals sit down with you to find the best options for you and your family.
We understand that owning a home can be expensive, and steady income in retirement is a big concern, but we support you through every step of the reverse mortgage process.
Fill out the form or call today to learn which of our reverse mortgage solutions is right for you. (855) 906-3416
What is a Reverse Mortgage?
A reverse mortgage is a type of home loan where homeowners (62 years or older) can turn existing home equity into cash.
Types of Reverse Mortgage
Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM)
Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) is a type of reverse mortgage that is managed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and issued by a mortgage lender. Instead of being a government loan, it will also be insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA).
Proprietary Reverse Mortgage
Proprietary reverse mortgages allow senior homeowners to access their equity through a privately insured company. If your current home has a high value, you may be entitled to a larger reverse mortgage. Essentially, this means that any home with a higher appraised value and a small mortgage may qualify for additional funds.
Single-purpose Reverse Mortgage
Single-purpose reverse mortgages are less expensive than any other reverse loan and can be available for those with low or moderate income. Senior homeowners will be able to use these loans for one purpose, but it must be specified by the lender. Appropriate uses of this loan can be home repairs or property taxes.
Why choose a Reverse Mortgage?
● For homeowners over the age of 62, reverse mortgage loans offer a more comfortable retirement
● You are able to live in your home and still have ownership of its title.
● Reverse mortgage loans can be used toward existing mortgage on your home
● You will not have to pay monthly mortgage payments as long as you remain on the property and pay off property taxes, home insurance and maintenance.
● Anything from the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) such as closing costs or recurring fees can be financed.
● Once you pay off the loan, any remaining equity will be yours or can be transferred to family members
Focused on Hispanic Homeownership
We know that not everyone gets treated equally in the home-buying process. We’re here to correct that for members of our community.
20+ Years of Experience
We’re passionate about what we do, so it’s easy for us to keep growing and delivering home loans to Hispanic families
We’re Honest And Transparent
We want to make your home-buying experience as clear and accessible as possible. We will always be upfront with you about your options.
We Find Solutions
The home-buying process can be challenging. We’ll help you navigate your options and find the home loan that’s perfect for you.